Sunday, February 25, 2007

FISHING IS GETTING BETTER

This week has been great for fishing! Usually the water at the beach in Jabi is a little bit murky, but the last few days have been amazingly clear and I was able to try some spear fishing! I did nail a few small ones mostly because things look bigger underwater, and because the small ones didn't take off as fast as the big ones. This was the biggest fish I caught spear fishing, I'm not going to show you the pictures of the other ones; they were really tiny! Today Carmen and I went to "Radio Tower Island" and did some fishing in the morning. As usual, I don't realize how long I am spending out in the sun, and got totally burned. I also had one small fish sting me and it hurt a lot; it felt like a bee sting and my finger started to swell up, but after an hour or so it was back to normal. I threw all of the fish I caught back because I kind of felt like I was fishing in an aquarium; they have some amazing colors on them! Today was a good day for fishing, and I caught 5!
Carmen and I are going to go swimming at the beach tonight. I'm hoping that the water is clear enough to take the spear; there is a nice little reef really close to us. This time I want to only get big ones, no more small ones because they are easy!
I've noticed that all of the small fish are in close to shore, so on our vacation we have been talking about doing some deep sea fishing! Who knows what will happen...stay tuned...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, Russ! Some cool pictures of fish!

Missing you guys!

Dolly

Anonymous said...

Dude, are you sure you're not fishing in an aquarium? I mean, jeepers, man, those things look like something people would pay for to have swimming around in their homes! Crazy stuff, man! Do you actually eat any of those things? I hope not, they're so pretty... pretty wierd, that is.

Dude, catch a big one for me, and we'll chuck a line together when you get back. I want to see some Indonesian spear-bounty on the next post, a'ight? BIG AND TASTY!

Keep it real.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know Russ - Reid has named your blog "Russ' Cool Stuff" on our blog.

Reid said...

so your blog is dedicated to killing amazing and beautiful creatures? i just don't get it... no offense, perhaps it's cuz i've never been hunting, or never had the need