Tuesday, April 1, 2008

FISHIN' ASU ISLAND

I have a typical fish story. The big one got away as usual except this time it took most of my gear. I went out in a small boat off Asu when we were on holidays, and in the morning I caught 3 tuna & a travelly. We were only out for an hour or so and then got rained out, so in the afternoon we tried again. This is where I lost all my gear. I lost one set from a large fish off the surf break, it cut the line and took all three hooks (not a rock)! Then I hooked into a Big Barracuda, which also bit through my line, and finally I hooked into a large Travelly which also swam away with a Rapala in its lip. I now have purchased some stronger line, maybe I can get some proof next time of the big one! Here's a few photo's of the fish I caught on Asu.
This one I nailed with a hand-spear. I have no idea what species it is, but it tasted a lot like a trout, I tried to catch a few more but was unsuccessul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that one big enough for a meal???
Love your sis

Anonymous said...

Dude, there's nothing worse than knowing you have a behemoth on the end of your line, only to have your gear fail. I feel your pain, man, once hooked into a big spring and he spooled me (the line snapped off right at the end of the spool on the reel - no proof, and no line!). Anyways, you have other ways and means of putting protein on the table, spearman. Maybe I should send you some wire leaders for 'cuda fishing?

Miss ya, bro.

A question I pose to you AND to Jesus: When you coming back again?